Come garden with us! There are many ways to get involved with KCC Urban Farm. Here are some ideas:
- Come to our open volunteer hours. These change every semester, so check here or our Facebook page for updates. This fall, you may come visit and volunteer on Tuesdays, 12pm-4pm, starting September 17. These hours may change in October. Please dress appropriately for garden work: this means clothes that can get dirty and sun protection.
- Start a student club. Get together with other students interested in changing our food system. Host discussions, guest speakers, educational tabling events, cooking demonstrations, farmers’ markets, and more. Contact email@example.com if you’re interested in this one!
- Follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook and Instagram (@kccurbanfarm). Help us spread word about how awesome it is to grow and eat fresh, delicious produce.
- Write about us. Write an article for Scepter, or pitch us an idea for our blog.
- Get paid to work with us. We hire a limited number of student aides each semester to help us run the farm. The work is almost entirely outside, working the soil and growing healthy crops. No experience is necessary. We recommend volunteering a few times first before applying. Look out for posts, flyers, and other announcements when we’re looking for new additions to our crew!
- Take a class. We currently offer one credited course each semester, usually during the summer. The course is run through the Culinary Arts Program but is open to any student. Search for course number CA8201: Special Topics in Culinary Arts. We also run several courses throughout the year through the Continuing Education program. For an updated list of courses, click here.
- Stay in touch. Subscribe to our newsletter!