Student Union and Intercultural Center
The mission of the Student Union and Intercultural Center is proposed as follows:
The creation and maintenance of a safe, inclusive, and accessible space in service to and in partnership with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members. This space is used to foster intercultural understanding, student/faculty collaboration, leadership, civic engagement, and a deeper sense of belonging that complements academic programs and enhances the educational experience of the Kingsborough community.
We are committed to:
- Fostering social awareness/education/respect for races, gender identity, sexualities, religions, cultures, and class status.
- Providing a space for interdisciplinary discussion, lectures, panels, readings and workshops.
- Preparing our students for leadership roles in their communities in order to foster responsible citizenry through community service and engagement.
- Preparing our students for the global 21st Century workforce.
- Fostering collaboration between students, college resources, staff, faculty, and members of the surrounding Brooklyn community.