Apply Now by Filling Out Our Application
Please remember to upload any documentation that you have to support your request for accommodations, on the application page itself.
Students with a disability, who request services or accommodations, will be asked to provide appropriate documentation to support their requests. Examples of documentation include, but are not limited to, a history of previous supports in high school (e.g., IEPs, 504 Plans, teacher/counselor observations/reports), medical records, accommodations received in the workplace, and reports from appropriate professionals (e.g., medical specialists, mental health therapists, learning specialists).
Submitted documentation will be used in conjunction with student self-report to obtain a comprehensive picture of student needs. In determining whether a requested accommodation is reasonable, AAS will consider the student’s disability, history, and experience, and the unique characteristics of the course, program, or activity.
Submitted documentation should:
- Be from a qualified professional with expertise in the specific disability.
- Include the professional’s name, title, professional credentials, including state licensure or certification number.
- Be dated.
- Be signed by the professional responsible for the documentation.
- Contain diagnosis information.
- Be current. Disabilities may change in severity over time and documentation should support current accommodation needs.
- Include recommendations and rationale for accommodations that are based on analysis
of how the diagnosis impacts the student’s functioning.
For general inquiries about documentation please email AAS@kbcc.cuny.edu or call 718-368-5175 or drop in to room D-205 in the West Academic Clusters and someone can answer your questions.