Mission Statement and Student Learning Outcomes
Welcome to the Advisement Academies!
Academic Advisement at Kingsborough Community College provides students with education and guidance according to need at every point along a clearly defined pathway from admission to graduation. Academic advisors value equity, diversity, and autonomy, and seek to empower all students to be engaged, independent learners who make well-informed, strategic decisions that further their academic, career, and personal goals.
As a result, of academic advisement students will:
- Identify and use campus systems and services (CUNYfirst, Blackboard, Starfish, etc.)
- Understand and complete their degree requirements
- Understand and follow college policies and procedures
- Understand and apply strategies for academic and student success
- Plan and integrate their academic program into their career goals