"I've learned that I can do something, that I can make a difference, and that my voice, my opinion does matter."
- Quotes from our Students
Step 1: Talk to your designated S-L professor about whether this course option is right for
Step 2: Choose a community based organization where you would like to serve.
Step 3: Consult with the Service-Learning Coordinator about your choice and discuss registration process.
Benefits of Service-Learning
- Offers the opportunity for you to connect the concepts you learn in the classroom to real life experiences in the community.
- Enhances learning of values, citizenship, and leadership skills and provides a platform for discussing those qualities.
- Gives you a chance to gain knowledge and expertise from the community.
- Prepares you for potential internships and field research.
- Allows exploration of career options.
- Develops contacts within the community.
- Teaches workforce skills.
- Fosters connections with people of diverse cultures and lifestyles.
- Provides legitimate workplace experience that can be added to your resume.
Student Forms (PDF)
Academic Service Learning
- Student Handbook
- Sample Resume
- Student Registration and Mutual Agreement Form
- Student Responsibilities
- Student Consent Form
- Student Waiver and Liability Form
- Student Timesheet
- Student Pre-Survey
- Student Post-Survey (coming soon)
- Student Planning and Reflection
To contact us:
Center for Career Development & Experiential Learning
2001 Oriental Boulevard, Rm. C102
Mail Code: CP
Brooklyn, New York 11235-2398