"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has!"
- Margaret Mead
How do partnering community organizations benefit from service-learning?
For partnering community organizations, Service-learning:
- Enhances positive relationships between partnering community organizations and the college, thereby facilitating additional collaborative ventures between the college and the community.
- Develops short- and long-term solutions to pressing community needs.
- Provides opportunities for the partnering community organization to participate in the educational process.
- Enriches roles for supervisors in partnering community organizations.
- Contributes to positive exposure in the community for both the college and the partnering community organization.
- Provides access to college resources (i.e. facilities).
Community Partner Forms:
Forms you'll see from students
- Service learning Handbook
- Service-Learning Registration and Mutual Agreement Form
- Service Learning Timesheet
To contact us:
Center for Career Development & Experiential Learning
2001 Oriental Boulevard, Rm. C102
Mail Code: CP
Brooklyn, New York 11235-2398