CUNY Fall/Winter Semester
REGULAR ACADEMIC SESSION: 12-week Fall Classes Run September 12 – December 21, 2020
SECOND SESSION: 6-week Winter Session Classes Run January 4 – February 24, 2021
Registration for both fall and winter opens on:
- April 27 for current KCC students
- August 17 for non-degree students and CUNY ePermit students
To be considered a full-time student, you need to complete a minimum of 12 credits. Kingsborough’s unique calendar allows you to split the credits between fall and winter (for example, 9 credits in the fall and 3 credits during the winter) and still be considered a full-time student ONLY if you register for all your classes before the start of the fall semester. To graduate within two years, you should take at least 15 credits each semester.
You can take up to 2 classes or 8 credits during the 6-week winter session. Winter classes close out quickly so register as soon as you can.
Current Kingsborough Students
Kingsborough students must register through CUNYfirst.
Other CUNY Students
Other CUNY students must apply for an ePermit.
Our classes are also open to visiting students who have earned less than 60 credits. Before you register as a non-degree student, you'll first need to get your courses evaluated and approved by the appropriate department at your home college. Course descriptions can be found in our Course Catalog.
As a Kingsborough student, you'll have all the benefits of being a CUNY student, including:
- courses taught by renowned faculty for less than most U.S. students pay for their education
- free or discounted admission to cultural venues across the city
- FREE access to the New York Times
Click here to apply to Kingsborough as a non-degree student.
Questions? Call 718-368-6700.
How to Search for Courses
- Visit the CUNY Schedule of Classes page
- Check off "Kingsborough CC" and "2020 Fall Term"
- Scroll down to the SESSION field and choose:
- For fall classes: “Regular Academic Session”
- For winter classes: "Second Session"
- Choose your subject and other criteria important to you and begin your search
If you need help registering for a class, call the Registration Help Center at 718-368-6551. Have your EMPLID and the 4 or 5 digit class number for the specific class you’d like to add ready.