STUDENT COMPLAINT AGAINST ANOTHER STUDENT
All Kingsborough students are expected to act professionally, respect each other,
staff, faculty and the campus. Students are responsible to adhere to and comply with
all Kingsborough Community College policies including but not limited to the student
code of conduct and CUNY's Henderson Rules to Maintain Public Order. If a student feels that his/her learning environment has been compromised by another
student, he/she has the right to file a Student Complaint with the Office of the Vice
President of Student Affairs (A216).
The grievance process against another student is as follows:
- Complete a Student Grievance Form in A216
- This form will detail the grievance as well as all parties involved, including the
student(s) the grievance is against as well as any witness to the grievance, if any.
- This form gives the student the chance to write out his/her account of the grievance.
We ask that students be as detailed as possible in their description of the grievance.
A member of the Vice President of Student Affairs office will meet with the student
- Fact-Finding Process
- A member of the Office of the Vice President will initiate a fact-finding process,
conducting interviews of other students involved or any witnesses
- Interviews will be conducted by a member of the Office of the Vice President of Student
Affairs office regarding the grievance
- All students interviewed will be asked to fill out a Statement Form detailing their
account of the grievance
- Once the fact-finding phase has concluded, the member of the Office of the Vice President
of Student Affairs will assess and evaluate the grievance based upon the results of
the fact-finding process.
- The member of the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs will either close
the case or refer to the Dean of Student Affairs for further assessment
- All parties involved will be contacted via email of the findings of the grievance
For Student Complaints Against Faculty in an Academic Setting CLICK HERE
For Sexual Assault/Misconduct/Title IX Complaints CLICK HERE
For Discrimination Complaints CLICK HERE