Winter 2024, Spring 2024, Summer 2024
Registration is now open for the following sessions/semesters:
- Fall Second Session (Winter 2024): 6-week classes run January 3- February 23, 2024
- Spring Regular Academic Session (Spring 2024): 12-week classes run March 1 – June 13, 2024
- Spring Second Session (Summer 2024): 6-week classes run June 20- August 8, 2024
To be considered a full-time student, you need to be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits towards your major. However, to graduate within two years, you must successfully complete at least 15 credits each semester.
Kingsborough’s unique academic calendar allows you to split credits between the 12-week - Regular Academic Session and the 6-week - Second Session and be considered a full-time student. For example, you can take 9 credits in the Regular Academic Session and 6 credits during Second Session. You can take up to 2 classes or 8 credits during the 6-week Second Session. Classes close out quickly so register as soon as you can.
NOTE: If you plan to split your schedule, be sure to register for both the 12-week session and the 6-week module that follows by the seventh day of the 12-week session in order to receive full-time financial aid for the term.
How to Register for Classes:
Current KCC Students
Kingsborough students must register through CUNYfirst.
- Log into Student Center through CUNYfirst with your credentials
- Click the Launch Schedule Builder tile to access the Schedule Builder application. (Be sure to allow pop-ups in the browser).
- Once the application opens, Schedule Builder’s Welcome page should appear. Next, select the term in which you would like to search for classes directly on the Welcome page.
Your KCC Advisement Academies advisor is available to support you. We encourage you to reach out to schedule a
meeting with them as soon as possible using Starfish. You can meet with your advisor either via Zoom or in-person.
Students in special programs (ASAP, College Discovery, and FLEX) should reach out to their advisors directly. Appointments should be made using Starfish.
Our admissions counselors are here to help you every step of the way. Contact us at www.kbcc.cuny.edu/admissions. New students will receive information regarding scheduling an advisement and registration appointment once their applications and documentation have been fully processed.
Other CUNY Students
Students from other CUNY colleges must first apply for an ePermit.
NOTE: An ePermit approval only grants permission to take a course at Kingsborough; it DOES NOT enroll you or guarantee a seat in a course. You will still need to go through the normal registration procedure in order to take the class.
Visiting Students/ Non -Degree Students
Our classes are also open to students from other colleges who have earned less than 60 credits who have applied as a non-degree student before the deadline. Before you register as a non-degree student, you'll first need to get your courses evaluated and approved by the appropriate department at your home college. Course descriptions can be found in our college catalog.
As a Kingsborough student, you'll have all the benefits of being a CUNY student, including:
- courses taught by renowned faculty for less than most U.S. students pay for their education
- free or discounted admission to cultural venues across the city
- FREE access to the New York Times
Questions? Call 718-368-6700.
How to Search for Courses
Visit the CUNY Global Search Class Schedule page.
- Check off "Kingsborough CC" and either “2023 Fall Term” (for winter classes) or "2024 Spring Term"
- Scroll down to the SESSION field and choose:
- “Regular Academic Session” for classes during the 12-week session choose
- "Second Session" for classes during summer or winter
- Choose your subject and other criteria important to you and begin your search
If you need help registering for a class, please email - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name, EMPLID, and the 4- or 5-digit class number for the specific class you’d like to add in the email.