Grants Will Benefit Organizations Promoting Workforce Development
Grants Will Benefit Organizations Promoting Workforce Development And Environmental Justice In New York City’s Offshore Wind Industry
Brooklyn, NY– Equinor and bp, together with the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), have awarded eight New York area organizations a total of $5 million in grants to provide local economic benefits that support sustainable growth, workforce development, empowerment of underserved communities, and climate justice in New York’s emerging offshore wind industry ecosystem.
The new Offshore Wind Ecosystem Fund recognizes leading organizations working to create systemic change toward an equitable energy transition. Applicants were chosen by a selection committee, comprised of representatives of the Sunset Park Task Force (SPTF), which advocates to maximize the economic potential and community links between Sunset Park residents and the waterfront, NYCEDC and Equinor. Recipients reflect stakeholders and geographies of critical need.
- KCC Named a Top Producer of Fulbright U.S. Scholars
- EDsmart 2024 Ranks KCC #8
- Recap - Holocaust Remembrance – Memorial
- Kingsborough Community College Welcomes Dr. Suri Duitch as Interim President
- From Passion To Profession: Tuition-Based Doula Training For New Yorkers Passionate About Birth Support
- KCC Biology Major Orion Anyango Named CUNYAC/HSS Community College Scholar-Athlete of the Month
- Law Enforcement Appreciation Breakfast