Skip to main content Skip to footer content

Transfer Applicants

How to Apply

Students who attended a college/university, or other programs after graduating from high school or receiving a state issued high school equivalency diploma, should follow the steps below to complete a transfer application. Please refer to the KCC College Catalog for more information about our transfer policies.
Second Degree Students: Students who previously completed an associate degree at KCC should complete a Transfer Application.

Step 1: Create a CUNY Application Account or Log into your CUNYFirst Account

You may apply to KCC by simply visiting the City University of New York website, and following the links to: Create a CUNY Application Account 

Step 2: Complete the Transfer Online Application

You will be presented with several pages of questions to complete. Complete the questions on each page. (The deadline for Admission is: February 1 for fall; September 15 for spring.)

NOTE: Transfer applicants can select up to 4 college choices. Students will receive an admission decision from each college listed on their application. 

Step 3: Pay Your Application Fee

The Transfer application fee is $70, and can be paid by personal check, money order or paid directly online using a credit or debit card.

Please note:

  • The application fee is non-refundable.
  • Current CUNY students do not need to pay the transfer application fee.
  • Veterans of the United States Military Service, currently on Active Duty or members of the National Guard or Reserves may obtain an application fee waiver by answering the US Military Status question on the CUNY application and submitting proof of their Veteran/Military status (i.e., DD-214, Current Military ID Card, or Deployment or Pre-separation orders).

Step 4: Submit Education Transcript and Supporting Documents

  • For students educated within the United States:
    • Official transcript from all post-secondary institutions, colleges or universities attended
    • Official high school transcript and copy of diploma OR
    • Copy of state-issued high school equivalency diploma and transcript
  • For students educated outside the United States:
    • Official transcript from all post-secondary institutions, colleges or universities attended

English Translations: If your transcripts are not in English, they must be:

  • translated word-for-word by an official translator;
  • typed in same format as the original document;
  • submitted on business or school letterhead;
  • and signed by the official translator.

Our English Translation Guidelines lists from whom we will accept translations.

Applicants educated outside the United States may opt to have their transcripts evaluated by the University Application Processing Center of CUNY or to have them evaluated by one of the evaluation services listed below:

All documents can be mailed to:
[Your name + EMPL ID number]
Transfer Admission
P.O. Box 359023
Brooklyn, NY 11235-9023 

Standardized Test Scores/ English Proficiency Requirements for Admission:



Pearson Academic


Internet-Based: 53

Paper-Based: 475




English proficiency requirements not required for permanent residents (green card), approved refugees, or approved asylum.


Step 5: Submit Proof of Immunization 

If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, proof of Immunization for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (including a Meningococcal Meningitis response form) must be completed and signed before selecting classes.

Please call the Office of Health Services at 718-368-5684 for the free immunization clinic schedule or further clarification of immunization requirements.

Helpful links and videos: 

  1. How to Register for an Application Account?
  2. How do I start my Application to CUNY?
  3. How to submit an application fee? 



  • Our advisors can help answer any questions about completing your application. Please visit the Direct Admission webpage for contact information.
  • CUNY does not accept the following as proof of high school graduation: IEP Diploma or a diploma from a non-public correspondence, online or virtual high school.  Applicants with these types of high school credentials must successfully complete a state-sanctioned high school equivalency examination to be considered for admission to a CUNY college.
  • Please note that all materials and documents (including original documents) submitted as part of an application for admission become the property of CUNY/UAPC and cannot be returned.
  • UAPC will make the final decision regarding evaluations and admission recommendations. 

Please call 718-368-4600 or e-mail for further information.