A.A.S. degree in Tourism and Hospitality
The Tourism and Hospitality industry is the world's largest employer with jobs for travel agents who book airline flights and travel packages, hotel workers who make stays fun and pleasant, and tour guides who are destination experts. There are also specialty positions within the industry that include eco-tourist tour operators, flights attendants, event and meeting planners car rental agents, theme park workers, and so much more. With millions of tourists visiting worldwide destinations every year, these jobs will always be in demand. Earning an A.A.S. degree in Tourism and Hospitality at Kingsborough Community College will open the door to boundless opportunities.
Distinctive program features include:
- Two-year (or less) A.A.S. degree program in Hotel Management, or Tourism or Food and Beverage Management
- Possible industry certifications (with passing exam scores) from the American Hotel and Lodging Association in: Front Office Operations, Meeting and Event Planning, and Housekeeping
- Opera Property Management System training
- Sabre Global Distribution System training
- Special Industry Panel Workshops and Networking Opportunities
- Real-world internship opportunities.
- Faculty members with years of industry experience.
- College credits transferable within and beyond CUNY.
- The benefits of being a student at a major university with access to libraries, student and career services, clubs, and advising, and local performances, athletic events, and so much more!