Department of Business
Why Study Fashion Design?
The program prepares you for a career as a Designer or an Assistant Designer. Our program will also result in you having a professional portfolio of your work to demonstrate your abilities to prospective employers.
- You will learn the four basic ways that Designers create their collections: Draping, Flat Patternmaking, Sketching and Computer Assisted Design.
- Aesthetics and Style trends are studied to provide you with artistic and commercial perspectives on current fashion.
- You will also learn the basics of garment construction, textiles, creating a collection, and the retailing of your work.
- In the final semester, graduating students will present their designs in a senior fashion show.
- Graduates are also required to complete an Internship in Fashion Design